Approach & Criteria
- We value our reputation and companies commitments to employees, customers, suppliers, and the community.
- Business exits and transitions from a founder/family fit well with our approach because we hold our own family owned business to the same high standards.
- We are active investors who have operated businesses and who bring experience and relationships to help guide the strategic and financial decisions of a business.
- Our goal is to be a trusted adviser and counselor on key financial and strategic decisions, typically through active participation on the Board of Directors.
- We believe the people are the most important asset of any successful company, and we focus on employee culture and customer service.
- We have the ability to provide business opportunities to our portfolio companies through a vast network of longstanding industry relationships.
- Our structure allows us to be flexible in the criteria we use to evaluate opportunities.
- We can pursue opportunities in various industries and assess each investment according to its own merits.
- Colton invests amounts from $500,000 to $10 million of capital into each transaction.
- Our funds generally do not have strict time frames when capital must be returned.
- Uses of investment capital include the following: business exits, growth equity, startup, management buyouts, recapitalization, and acquisition.